I am a creative and historical fiction writer. I am 40 years old, and I live in Houma, Louisiana. I teach middle school in various subjects, but I prefer Social Studies. I hold two social studies degrees, and I love the local history here in Houma, Louisiana. During the summers, when I am not teaching, I am writing.
Currently I am working on my first novel, and I have 10 chapters written. For personal reasons, I am not going to self-publish. I am planning on hiring a literary agent and going through the traditional channels of becoming published. Thus, I am not going to be marketing or discussing my book in any shape or form.
This small space on the Internet will be reserved for me to discuss writing, display my writing prompts, and to simply share my love for the craft. My goal is to show what I do to hone in on my own craft. Like learning how to crochet or sew, writing takes time and practice. Thus, I will give you a view into my writing world.
Don't be surprised if I discuss books on here too. Avid readers are destined to become avid writers, and hopefully become best sellers. It is very difficult to break into the publishing industry, and this is why there are so many independent writers. I do not let that discourage me. I will continue to write, and just may become the next best seller. I don't know what the world has in store for me, but I know I enjoy writing, telling stories, and sharing my hobby.
Below is a five min. writing prompt about running.
Five min. Writing Prompt:
The thumping of her tennis shoes against the asphalt penetrated her mind. She felt her heartbeat throbbing in her neck, pulsating in her ears. Her labored breathing was rhythmically in sync with her steps. Sweat dripped down her brow and sopped her yoga shirt. Her mind was clear from yesterdays woes, tomorrows heartaches, and the everyday stresses of life.
©Jeni Kirby 2024
Comments
Post a Comment